You've Got Nothing To Prove

*  I received this book from
Blogging for Books for this review
I came upon this book at a very apt time in life.  Where I was feeling burnt out on Christianity.  Going to church every Sunday and even serving on multiple ministries.  But feeling tired all the time and knowing that there had to be more to life than this.  Guilt and shame and go, go, go!

Nothing to Prove by Jennie Allen was so refreshing to read.  She assures readers that we are NOT enough.  None of us.  And the blessed reassurance we get is that that is OKAY.  Because Jesus is enough.  More than enough to cover all of our sins and shortcomings.  I have a mentor who tells me repeatedly to bask in the goodness of God and quit worrying and overthinking.  To pursue joy and this book hit upon all these things.  Nothing to Prove is a great reminder that the point of Christianity is in Christ alone.  So you can stop trying so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment