Cut It Out

"I believe more in the scissors than I do in the pencil."
 - Truman Capote
 
The topic of discussion for today is editing.  For me, editing takes the most time.  If it's a short post, there isn't much I need to do, but the longer my post becomes, the longer it sits in the draft pile before it's finally published.  Because I keep going back.  Rereading the whole thing and culling unnecessary words.  Sometimes, I even have to cut out entire sentences or paragraphs.

I'm sure you all edit your posts for grammatical errors, but do you also use the hypothetical scissors to trim your posts down?  I don't know about believing more in one instrument over the other.  Does anyone really like editing?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely! Especially if it's a post about a sort of "heavier" topic or something, I want to make sure it's pristine before I'm gonna put it out there into the world, and that what I'm trying to say is being clearly said without too much rambling going on. ;P

    xx Alyssa — fragments of memories

    ReplyDelete