Chapstick Trial & Error

Even if you are the most low maintenance person in the world you probably use this product.

Chapstick.

It's not a product that I particularly care for.  The ugly plastic packaging.  The way they always get lost or sometimes end up in the washing machine.  The way they seem to last forever so that you can't get new ones.  Or maybe you don't care and you buy them anyway.

My lips react pretty strangely to chapstick.  Carmex made my lips look like they were lined.  Blistex dried up within months and turned into the gluestick it smelled like.  My mom bought me an organic blueberry one that she uses herself.  It smelled great but would end up creating a layer of dry skin on my lips.  My friend gave me an eos one for Christmas, and I was so excited to use it, but alas it makes the skin surrounding my upper lip flaky.

So you know what I say?  Forget all these products.  Use coconut oil.  I swipe my finger along the rim of the glass and dab on my lips in the morning and before I go to sleep.  You can easily buy a jar for about $10 and coconut oil has over a 100 different uses if you search online. That's right 100.

Do you use coconut oil in your beauty routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment