Concealer Sticks for an Easy Fix

Personally, my favorite kind of concealers are in crayon form.  You simply dab the crayon over your spots and blemishes and then blend it by dotting it a little with your fingers.  It takes less than a minute.  Maybe not if you have really troubled skin.  I am trying to get rid of one liquid concealer by Neutrogena and I must say that it's not as easy as a crayon.  Sometimes you squeeze out too much product.  Should you use your fingers or a brush?  What kind of brush?  And then that's just another brush that you end up having to wash.

Currently, I am using The Face Shop's "Face It Radiance Concealer Dual Veil."


I believe my mom bought it for me for around $18.  It's quite handy because it has concealer stick on one side and on the other a liquid concealer with a sponge applicator (like those in lip glosses).  The easiest tool ever.  My method is to pat on the liquid concealer first and if my spots still show, go over them with the stick for extra coverage.  They have 3 shades and it's easy to go in store and test the products.  The ones near my house are hardly ever busy so I'm always able to get help right away.

I bought this at Sephora on a whim after asking the sales associates for a crayon concealer.  No regrets.  It goes on smoothly and they've got 6 different shades so you'll be able to find one that blends seamlessly into your skin tone.  I generally use this for my undereyes because I figured it's more expensive and I wanted to make it last.  It cost about $20.

For those with a limited budget, I do NOT recommend the L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer.  It was the first concealer that I bought.  I gave it away after a couple uses but I cannot remember why I disliked it so much.  If you want to give it a try, it cost me about $10.  It was bad enough though that I have it noted in my journal not to purchase it again.

In short, crayons.  The laziest and easiest way to put on concealer.  Disagree?  What concealer do you use?  Or do you have any recommendations for other brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment