I Am No Genius, Are You?


"I'm a full-time believer in writing habits.  You may be able to do without them if you have genius but most of us only have talent and this is simply something that has to be assisted all the time by physical and mental habits or it dries up and blows away."
- Flannery O'Connor
For the first time since I started this blog, I did not feel inspired this week.  My makeup posts usually require pictures and I did not feel beautiful or motivated enough to take selfies or to take photos of my used nubs of eyeliners.  So you got an informative text-heavy post about taking advantage of your refrigerator.  The takeaway is that I need to brainstorm a more interesting way to talk/introduce eyeliners ASAP in order to create a thoughtful post by next Monday.

This quote by Miss O'Connor was a motivator to keep going.  I am no genius, so I have to keep challenging my brain.  Recently, I've started drawing as a way to keep productive when I get sick of words.

What do you think of her thoughts on talent?  And what are you talented in?

No comments:

Post a Comment