Keep Writing (or Whatever it is that You Do)

"What I write when I force myself is generally just as good as what I write when I'm feeling inspired.  It's mainly a matter of forcing yourself to write."
- Tom Wolfe

I haven't read anything of Tom Wolfe's but he spent more than 25 years writing investigative non-fiction and is considered a father in the field.  I'll keep it short today.  Stick to the positive habits you've created.  I made a posting schedule with this blog early on and I haven't missed a day.  It's actually the posts that I decided to write on a whim that are sitting in my draft pile, while the "forced" ones are the ones that I actually publish.  Perseverance wins over inspiration almost every time.

What actions have you successfully implemented since the new year began?

No comments:

Post a Comment