Wash Dem Brushes

How many times a week do you wear makeup?  And how often do you wash your makeup brushes?  There are some parties that suggest sanitizing them daily.  I'm not that diligent, but I do wash them weekly.


Some general tips to washing dem brushes are:
  • I use a Sephora Professionnel Purifying Brush Shampoo, but you can use baby shampoo or even a gentle bar soap.  There's no need to be really picky about what you use so long as it gets those brushes clean.
  • I swirl the soapy brush in my palm for a light lather and rinse under water.  If the water isn't clear, I repeat.
  • Squeeze out the excess water from the brush, then reshape and lay it flat or upside-down to dry.  Never, ever  leave them upright to dry or else you'll ruin them.
  • While you're at it, if a brush sheds a lot or no longer holds its shape, it's time to say goodbye to it.

Now, the reason why I wash my brushes is because I want clear skin.  If you're practicing due diligence in your skin care routine and are still facing troubled skin, you need to hunt around for the reason.  I told you, "You Should Probably Toss That" regarding some of your old makeup.  Not only is that stuff perishable, but your continued use of expired products could cause breakouts.  Another factor that contributes to troubled skin could be the brushes (or beauty blender) you are using.  Of course, I still break out from time to time, but at least I know it's not because of my makeup.

I hope this was helpful.  Or does everyone already practice this?

No comments:

Post a Comment